- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Taxis in the Deep South are available mostly in PG. Your hotel can call one for you. Any trip within PG should cost around BZ$6, with additional charges for extra stops. You can also hire a taxi to take you to nearby villages, but negotiate the rate in advance; it could be anywhere from BZ$20 to BZ$150, or more, depending on the destination. If you want a car and driver, a taxi likely will charge you around BZ$300 a day. There are no major car rental companies in Punta Gorda, but Sun Creek Lodge has a few rental cars. They cost around BZ$140 per day.
Sun Creek Lodge. Bruno Kuppinger at Sun Creek Lodge, about 14 mi (23 km) northwest of Punta Gorda, usually has a few cars to rent. Call ahead to confirm. Off Southern Hwy., San Marcos. 604/2124. www.suncreeklodge.de.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe