- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Asha's Culture Kitchen
Asha's Culture Kitchen Review
In a rustic wood shack built right over the water, Asha's has the best views of any restaurant in Punta Gorda. From the main dining room or the breezy deck you can look across the Gulf of Honduras to Guatemala. Asha's chef-owner Ashton Martin specializes in fresh seafood served Creole-style, such as fried conch with mashed potatoes or grilled snapper with plantains and beans and rice. The menu, on a chalkboard with the day's fare marked with checks, changes daily. As items are sold out, the check marks are erased, so come early for the best selection. On Sundays, Creole drummers and other musicians provide live entertainment.
- Address: 80 Front St., Punta Gorda
- Phone: 632/8025
- Location: Punta Gorda
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more