- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Health and Safety
Malaria is a problem in southern Belize, especially in rural areas outside Punta Gorda. If you're going to spend any time in the bush, discuss with your physician whether to use chloroquine or other malaria prophylaxis. The municipal water supply in Punta Gorda is treated and is safe to drink. In rural areas the water is often from community wells; here you should drink bottled water.
Celiano Pop (Papishaw Rd., Punta Gorda. 624/2518. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.cuxlinha.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe