- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The turquoise waters lapping up the shores of the usually deserted white-sand beach on Snake Caye are good for snorkeling, as are the Sapodilla Cayes at the southern end of the Belize Barrier Reef.
Blue Belize Tours and Charters. Guide Dan Castellanos of Blue Belize Tours has full-day snorkeling tours to the Snake (BZ$500) or Sapodilla (BZ$650) cayes, for two persons, with additional persons BZ$50 each. Keep in mind that travel time by boat to the Sapodilla Cayes is about 2 hours, and 45 minutes to the Snake Cayes—with gas at around BZ$12 gallon, that's one reason for the high costs. Prices include all taxes, marine reserve fees, lunch, drinks, snacks and snorkel gear. Blue Belize also does fishing trips to Port Honduras reserve and elsewhere, along with other fishing and marine tours. 139 Front St., Punta Gorda. 722/2678. www.bluebelize.com.
Garbutt's Marine. Garbutt's Marine offers all-day diving and snorkeling trips to the Snake Cayes and the Sapodilla Cayes, along with overnight stays at Lime Caye. The three Garbutt's brothers, Scully, Oliver, and Eworth, also do guided fishing trips. Joe Taylor Creek, Punta Gorda. 722/0072. www.garbuttsfishinglodge.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's