- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
"Ranger patrol hikes" are organized by the Ya'axché Conservation Trust, a nongovernmental organization that among other things manages the 15,000-acre Golden Stream corridor preserve north of Punta Gorda. These hikes start at the field station at Golden Stream, with a climb of the fire tower for a bird's-eye view of the area, and then "ranger work" such as wildlife logs, patrols, and biodiversity transects. This is something of an adventure in an area not normally accessible to visitors. Check with Hickatee Cottages (662/4475 www.hickatee.com) for details.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's