- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
For bonefish and tarpon, head to the estuary flats in the Port Honduras marine reserve at the end of the Río Grande, or go northward to Punta Ycacos. In the Marine Reserve, anglers pay a one-day park fee of BZ$20, or BZ$60 for three to seven days. There is no fee for the Punta Ycacos, unless you fish in the Port Honduras reserve. For a full day of fly-fishing with a local guide and boat, you'll pay around BZ$550–BZ$650 for two anglers.
Blue Belize Tours and Charters. Blue Belize Tours is operated by Dan Castellanos, an experienced local fisherman and licensed guide. Fishing trips include spincasting, trolling, and catch-and-release fly-fishing, for around BZ$720 a day for up to four persons, depending on the type of fishing. 139 Front St., Punta Gorda. 722/2678. www.bluebelize.com.
TIDE Tours. TIDE Tours has trained more than 60 tour guides in Toledo. TIDE can arrange fly-fishing guides for bonefish or permit in Payne's Creek National Park and Port Honduras Marine Reserve, from around BZ$900 per day for two persons, not including 12.5% tax or reserve entry fees. Mile 1, San Antonio Rd., Punta Gorda. 722/2274. www.tidebelize.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's