- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
For bonefish and tarpon, head to the estuary flats in the Port Honduras marine reserve at the end of the Río Grande, or go northward to Punta Ycacos. In the Marine Reserve, anglers pay a day-park fee of BZ$20, or BZ$60 for three to seven days. There is no fee for the Punta Ycacos, unless you fish in the Port Honduras reserve. For a full day's fly-fishing with a local guide and boat, you'll pay around BZ$550-BZ$600 for two anglers.
Blue Belize Tours and Charters. Blue Belize Tours is operated by Dr. Rachel Graham, a marine biologist specializing in sharks, and Dan Castellanos, an experienced local fisherman and licensed guide. Fishing trips include spincasting, trolling, and catch-and-release fly-fishing, for around BZ$650 a day for up to two to four persons, depending on the type of fishing. 139 Front St., Punta Gorda. 722/2678. www.bluebelize.com.
TIDE Tours. TIDE Tours offers fly-fishing for bonefish or permit, from BZ$900 per day for two persons, not including 12.5% tax or reserve entry fees. 14 Front St., Punta Gorda. 722/2129. www.tidetours.org.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Radisson Fort George and Marina in May: $176 & Up Expedia
- 1% OFF Radisson Fort George and Marina! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1,103 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Travelocity
- Save on Your Vacation: 5 Nts The Great House + Air Fr $1,078 — $1,078 Travelocity