- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
In case of emergency, there's the private Seventh Day Adventist hospital La Loma Luz, in Santa Elena, east of San Ignacio, as well as the public hospital, San Ignacio Hospital, in a new facility west of town on Bullet Tree Road. Belmopan is home to the Western Regional Hospital, and there is a sizeable government clinic in Benque Viejo, along with small clinics in several villages
For police and fire, dial 911.
La Loma Luz Hospital (George Price Hwy., formerly Western Hwy., Santa Elena. 804/2985. www.lalomaluz.org.)
San Ignacio Hospital (Bullet Tree Rd., San Ignacio. 824/2066.)
Police. San Ignacio 911 or 824/2022.
Western Regional Hospital (North Ring Rd., Belmopan. 822/2263. www.whr.health.gov.bz.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's