- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Most people bound for the Cayo fly into Belize City. Tropic Air now has flights to Maya Flats airstrip on the Chial Road between San Ignacio and Benque Viejo. For charter flights, there also is an airstrip near San Ignacio at Central Farm. Blancaneaux Lodge and Hidden Valley Inn in the Mountain Pine Ridge have their own private airstrips and helipads.
Maya Flats Airstrip (MYF). This newly opened small airport is on the Chial Road off the Benque Viejo Road (aka George Price Highway) about mid-way between San Ignacio and Benque Viejo del Carmen. Currently it is served only by Tropic Air and used by some private aircraft. Maya Flats Airstrip, Chial Rd., San Ignacio. No phone.
Tropic Air (Maya Flats Airstrip, Chial Rd., San Ignacio. 226/2012 in Belize; 800/422–3435 from U.S. and Canada. www.tropicair.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's