When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
When to Go
The best time to visit the Cayo is late fall and winter, when temperatures generally are moderate. During the peak of the dry season, March to May or early June, at the lower elevations around San Ignacio and Belmopan daytime temperatures can reach 100°F, though it does cool off at night. Seasonal rains usually reach the Cayo in early June. In summer, after the rains begin, temperatures moderate a little, but humidity increases. Year-round the Mountain Pine Ridge is noticeably cooler and less humid than anywhere else in Belize, and at times in winter it can be downright chilly; lodges in the Pine Ridge have fireplaces.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's