- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Other than the well-maintained two-lane Western Highway, most roads in the Cayo are unpaved and dusty in the dry season, muddy in the rainy season. To get to the Cayo, simply follow the Western Highway from Belize City. Watch out for "sleeping policemen" (speed bumps) near villages along the route.
Cayo Auto Rentals (81 Benque Viejo Rd., George Price Hwy., San Ignacio. 824/2222. www.cayoautorentals.com.)
Matus Car Rental (18 Benque Viejo Rd., George Price Hwy., San Ignacio. 824/2005. www.matuscarrental.com.)
Flames Auto Rental (Joseph Andrews Dr., San Ignacio. 824/3198. www.flamesautorentals.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe