- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mountain Equestrian Trails. When it comes to horseback-riding adventures, whether on the old logging roads of the Mountain Pine Ridge or on trails in the Slate Creek Preserve, the local experts are found at Mountain Equestrian Trails. Full-day rides range from BZ$166 to BZ$180. Five-night riding packages including accommodations are BZ$4,880 double in-season. Mile 8, Mountain Pine Ridge Rd., aka Georgeville Rd., San Ignacio. 669/1124 or 800/838–3918. www.metbelize.com.
The Lodge at Chaa Creek. The Lodge at Chaa Creek has a stable of riding horses. Two- to three-hour guided horseback trips, with morning or afternoon options, cost BZ$90 per person, plus 12.5% tax. Rides cover about 5 miles (8 km). A horseback tour to Chaa Creek's Maya organic farm also is BZ$90. Chial Rd., San Ignacio. 824/2037; 877/709–8708 in U.S. and Canada. www.chaacreek.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe