- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Most of the lodges have hiking trails. Black Rock River Lodge, Chaa Creek, Maya Mountain, Crystal Paradise, and duPlooy's all have especially good areas for hiking. If you want even more wide-open spaces, head to the Mountain Pine Ridge, which offers hundreds of miles of hiking trails, mostly old logging roads.
For more adventurous hikes and overnight treks, you'll want to go with a guide. Marcus Cucul, Maya Guide Adventures. Marcus Cucul is a Kekchi Mayan who is trained in cave and wilderness rescue. He can guide you to Victoria Peak (BZ$1,000) on a three-night/four-day hike or teach you about jungle survival with just a machete and a medical kit on a four-day trip (BZ$700, minimum two persons.) P. O. Box 485, Belmopan. 670/3116. www.mayaguide.bz.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Look no Further! Belize City Hotels Fr $149+/Nt Travelocity
- May deal: Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $180+/Nt Expedia
- Top Vacation Sale! 5 Nts + Air as Low as $1,361 Travelocity
- Small budget: Stay in Belize City this May Fr $109+/Nt — $109 Expedia
- Up to 3% OFF on Belize City 3 Nts Htl + Air Fr $943 — $943 Travelocity