- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fuego Bar & Grill
Fuego Bar & Grill Review
Inside the Cayo Welcome Center, Fuego Bar & Grill is the most upscale and attractive restaurant in downtown San Ignacio. With its farm-to-table philosophy, Fuego—which was opened by Ian Lizerraga of Ka'ana Resort—uses produce and meats from the San Ignacio market across the street and from local farms. Chef Jesse Mas creates intriguing combinations such as grilled pork chops glazed with coffee and molasses, served with plantains and green beans. The drinks are interesting, too, such as a chocolate martini and beer with cucumber juice, lime, and salt on the rim. You'll need reservations on weekend nights. A photo gallery highlights local foods. There's outdoor dining and live music some nights.
- Address: Cayo Welcome Center, near Savannah St. San Ignacio
- Phone: 824/3663
- Location: San Ignacio
- No lunch. Closed Sun. & Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more