- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge
At a Glance
- Air-conditioned luxury accommodations in the foothills of the Maya Mountains
- attractive grounds bordered by Sibun River
- good food
- Presently caters to many groups
- casitas are somewhat pricey
Check Rates from our Partners
Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge Review
This new lodge, just off the Hummingbird Highway near the Sibun River, offers luxury in a remote rainforest setting. There are four rooms in the main lodge, along with three casitas (around BZ$625 plus tax in-season) and a two-bedroom house spread about the grounds. Additional cottages are being added. The second level of the main lodge, used as a bar and lounge, and the third floor, which houses the lodge restaurant, have gorgeous views of the nearby Maya Mountains and the river. Under the same ownership is Almond Tree in Hopkins and the tree house section of Caves Branch Jungle Lodge.
- Address: Mile 36 1/2, Hummingbird Hwy., Belmopan
- Phone: 822/3851 in Belize; 888/332—4268 U.S. and Canada; 610/2635 cell phone at lodge
- Website: www.sleepinggiantbelize.com
- Location: Belmopan City
- 4 rooms in lodge, 3 casitas, 2 units in a 2-bedroom house.
- Rate includes no meals, all meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more