- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Windy Hill Resort
At a Glance
- Handy roadside location
- offers many tours
- pleasant cabins on hillside
- Not a jungle lodge
- meals somewhat pricey
Check Rates from our Partners
Windy Hill Resort Review
The cabañas at this lodge on the George Price Highway about 2 miles (3 km) west of San Ignacio all have private verandas and are perched on a low hill across the landscaped grounds. Furnishings are custom-made from local hardwoods, and decorations include handwoven Guatemalan rugs. You can lounge around the swimming pool and enjoy the views across the valley. The resort is on 100 acres at the edge of San Ignacio, right beside the highway. It runs many tours to Tikal, Caracol, and other destinations. Rates start at BZ$220 double year-round for a room with fan or BZ$296 for an air-conditioned cottage, including tax. Dinner is BZ$46 not including tax or service. All-inclusive packages with meals, tours, and transfers are available.
- Address: 1 mi (1½ km) west of San Ignacio, George Price Hwy. (aka Benque Rd.), San Ignacio | Map It
- Phone: 824/2017; 800/946–3995 in U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.windyhillresort.com
- Location: San Ignacio
- 16 cabañas and 9 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals, all meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Hello, There is a ton of great information on the forums. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more