- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Windy Hill Resort
At a Glance
- Handy roadside location
- offers many tours
- pleasant cabins on hillside
- Not a jungle lodge
- meals somewhat pricey
Check Rates from our Partners
Windy Hill Resort Review
The cabañas at this lodge on the George Price Highway about 2 miles (3 km) west of San Ignacio all have private verandas and are perched on a low hill across the landscaped grounds. Furnishings are custom-made from local hardwoods, and decorations include handwoven Guatemalan rugs. You can lounge around the swimming pool and enjoy the views across the valley. The resort is on 100 acres at the edge of San Ignacio, right beside the highway. It runs many tours to Tikal, Caracol, and other destinations. Rates start at BZ$220 double year-round for a room with fan or BZ$296 for an air-conditioned cottage, including tax. Dinner is BZ$46 not including tax or service. All-inclusive packages with meals, tours, and transfers are available.
- Address: 1 mi (1½ km) west of San Ignacio, George Price Hwy. (aka Benque Rd.), San Ignacio | Map It
- Phone: 824/2017; 800/946–3995 in U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.windyhillresort.com
- Location: San Ignacio
- 16 cabañas and 9 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals, all meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
I am a 25 year old female hoping to travel this coming August....I am from Canada and am desperate to go to a country that will be hot with nice beaches, but also interesting culturally!
Any advice much Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack?... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more