- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Cahal Pech Village Resort
At a Glance
- Great views
- enticing pool
- good value
- Some rooms and cabañas are a bit dowdy and need upgrading
- limestone dirt road up to hotel is very steep, especially if you're walking
Check Rates from our Partners
Cahal Pech Village Resort Review
Once you make it up the steep hill, you'll enjoy the best views in Cayo at this hotel at the western edge of San Ignacio, near the Cahal Pech Mayan site. Local owners Daniel and Miriam Silva opened the hotel in 1994 and have been expanding and improving it ever since. The most-recent additions are new cottages and suites and a gorgeous two-level swimming pool, watched over by a giant statue of a pterodactyl. You have a choice here of thatch cabañas or rooms, all air-conditioned and with cable TV. Year-round rates start at about BZ$180 including tax and service, but the nicer cottages with screened porch are around BZ$270. The restaurant serves Belizean and American fare (such as grilled fish, pork chops, spaghetti, and steaks) in an open-air space with views of the town and valley below. You'll pay around BZ$24 for dinner, not including drinks, tax, or tip. Cahal Pech offers a variety of tours and multiday packages. This hotel is often heavily booked even off-season.
- Address: 1 mi (2 km) west of town, off George Price Hwy., Cahal Pech Rd., Cahal Pech Hill San Ignacio | Map It
- Phone: 824/3740; 239/494–3281 U.S. number
- Website: www.cahalpech.com
- Location: San Ignacio
- 16 rooms, 6 suites, 25 cabañas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more