- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Caves Branch Adventure Co. & Jungle Camp
At a Glance
- Some of the best adventure tours in Belize
- lush jungle setting
- swimming pool and botanical garden
- In dry weather the river often goes completely dry
- no longer a cheap date
Caves Branch Adventure Co. & Jungle Camp Review
This adventure lodge has recently gone upscale, adding hillside "treehouse suites" 20 feet above the ground, a multilevel swimming pool with Jacuzzi, and a botanical garden featuring orchids and bromeliads. Less-expensive cabañas with outdoor showers, are offered, too, starting at around BZ$370 a night in-season, along with suites and bungalows. None of the units has air-conditioning. All-inclusive package plans may save you money over a la carte rooms, meals, and tours. Manager Ian Anderson and his highly trained jungle and cave guides offer more than 20 wilderness adventures in a 58,000-acre private reserve. Day trips are priced from BZ$150 to BZ$500 per person, plus taxes. On the River of Caves trip (BZ$190 plus taxes) you spend hours floating around underground lakes and crawling past stalagmites into dry chambers. Cold Belikins await you when you return, followed by a hearty buffet dinner (BZ$32). Caves Branch has "kid adventure" packages and family plans.
- Address: Mile 42½, Hummingbird Hwy., 12 mi (19½ km) south of Belmopan Belmopan
- Phone: 610/3451; 866/357–2698
- Website: www.cavesbranch.com
- Location: Belmopan City
- 10 tree houses, 4 suites, 5 bungalows, 10 cabañas.
- Rate includes no meals, all meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Hello, There is a ton of great information on the forums. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible ... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more