- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hode's Place Bar & Grill
Hode's Place Bar & Grill Review
Popular for cold beers, karaoke, and billiards, Hodes is often the busiest place in town. It has a large shaded patio next to a citrus grove, and with swings, slides, and an ice-cream bar (cones BZ$2), Hode's is bigger than it looks from the outside. They serve good food in large portions at moderate prices. The Belizean escabeche (onion and chicken soup with lime juice) is terrific, and the fried chicken with french fries is some of the best in Cayo.
- Address: Savannah St., across from sports stadium San Ignacio
- Phone: 804/2522
- Location: San Ignacio
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
Hello, I follow some of the posts but have never posted anything regarding a getaway. Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more