- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Belmopan is about 48 miles (79 km) on the George Price Highway from Belize City. By car, it takes about an hour. As you approach the turnoff to Belmopan from the east, Guanacaste National Park is on your right. Turn south at Mile 47.4 on the Hummingbird Highway. In about 1¼ miles (2 km) you'll come to the main entrance road to Belmopan City. Turn left and soon you come to the Ring Road, a two-lane road that circles the city and provides access to the streets inside the ring. The jungle lodges near Belmopan are located either off the Price or Hummingbird highways.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's