- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Most of Belize’s banks operate on Ambergris Caye: Atlantic Bank, Belize Bank, Heritage Bank, and ScotiaBank. Most are open weekdays from 8 until around 3 pm, with longer hours on Friday afternoon. A couple also are open on Saturday morning. All the local banks except Heritage Bank accept ATM cards issued outside Belize, giving cash in Belize dollars. Belize Bank alone has six ATMs around San Pedro. Still, on busy weekends some ATM machines run out of money, so don’t wait until you’re down to your last shilling to get cash. Cash advances on your Visa or MasterCard are also available from these banks. In addition to these commercial banks, Ambergris Caye also has offices of several international banks (offshore banks) that do not offer retail financial services to local customers. On Caye Caulker there's just one bank, Atlantic Bank, but it has two ATM machines on the island. There are no banks on any other islands.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's