When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
When to Go
Island weather tends to be a little different from that on the mainland. The cayes are generally drier. Storm squalls come up suddenly, but just as quickly they're gone, leaving sunny skies behind. Late summer and early fall are prime tropical-storm season, a time when island residents keep a worried eye out for hurricanes; more than eight out of ten hurricanes that hit Belize arrive in either September or October. If a hurricane does threaten, the cayes are evacuated. The Christmas to Easter period, when the northern climes are cold and blustery, is the most popular time to visit the islands.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's