- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Maya Island Airways and Tropic Air operate flights to Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker from both the municipal and international airports in Belize City. Each has hourly service every day to Ambergris Caye between about 7:30 am and 5:30 pm. Most flights stop at Caye Caulker on request. In high season, additional flights are added to accommodate demand. In mid-2009, Tropic Air opened a beautiful new terminal in San Pedro, complete with an aquarium. Round-trip fares to either San Pedro or Caye Caulker for the 15- to 20-minute flight are about BZ$134 (municipal) and BZ$240 (international). Both airlines usually offer a 10% discount if you pay cash rather than use a credit card, and Maya Island sometimes offers a 25% discount. But you'll have to ask for the discount, which only applies in person, not online.
There are no scheduled flights to the other cayes, although flights will stop at Caye Chapel on demand.
Maya Island Airways (Belize City Municipal Airport, Belize City. 223/1140 for reservations. www.mayaislandair.com.)
Tropic Air (San Pedro Airstrip, San Pedro. 226/2012; 800/422–3435 in U.S. email@example.com. www.tropicair.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe