- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Black Orchid Review
Opened in late 2012, Black Orchid (unrelated to the similarly named resort near Belize City) is a new option in upscale dining on the island. In a raised house beside the sandy road about 2.5 miles (4 km) south of town, the atmosphere is island-flavored, with a thatch booth inside for the greeters and some Mayan-themed decor. The luncheon choices range from beer-battered fried fish to sweet-and-sour pork. The dinner menu includes grilled lobster (in season), pork, and a boneless rib eye charbroiled on lava rocks and served with mashed potatoes. For Sunday brunch try the eggs Benedict accompanied by freshly made sangria.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more