- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- modern, upscale resort in remote area
- very good food
- on-site PADI shop offers good diving and snorkeling nearby
- friendly staff
- small island with no shops or choice of restaurants
- we've heard some complaints about the suite unit, which unlike the cabañas doesn't have much of a sea view
Check Rates from our Partners
Hatchet Caye Review
On a private island about 17 mile (28 km) east of Placencia, Hatchet Caye offers a unspoiled, remote getaway for honeymooners, divers, or just anyone wanting a complete escape. The rooms are recently constructed and modern, with light plaster walls with mahogany trim and tile floors; they all have air-conditioning, DVD players, Wii, and Wi-Fi. As with most small islands off Belize, there's really not much to do except relax and enjoy water sports—snorkeling, diving, sea kayaking, and swimming. If you're unlucky enough to hit a stretch of bad weather, you may run out of things to keep you occupied. Rates start at around BZ$750 with room, meals, snorkel tour, tax and service, and boat transport to the island. Packages are available with Chabil Mar in Placencia.
- Address: Hatchet Caye, Hatchet Caye
- Phone: 533/4446 reservations number
- Website: www.hatchetcaye.com
- Location: Southern Cayes Off Placencia and Southern Coast
- 7 rooms in duplex cottages, 1 suite, 1 1-bedroom house.
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals, all meals, all-inclusive.
- Closed Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
Driving in July2014 to Belize, with our granddaughter, dog and slide on Camper. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more