- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Fogon Review
El Fogon serves authentic down-home Belizean cooking like chaya tamales, gibnut, and stew chicken, in a quaint thatch building with dirt floor. You sit at picnic tables. Food is prepared in cast iron pots in a traditional fogon, a wood-burning stove. Though it's in town just two blocks just north of the Tropic Air terminal at the airstrip, it's a little hard to find. Ask any local where it is.
- Address: North of Tropic Air terminal, 2 Trigger Fish St., near airport, between Esmeralda and Tarpon St. San Pedro
- Phone: 206/2121
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more