- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Fogon Review
El Fogon serves authentic down-home Belizean cooking like chaya tamales, gibnut, and stew chicken, in a quaint thatch building with dirt floor. You sit at picnic tables. Food is prepared in cast iron pots in a traditional fogon, a wood-burning stove. Though it's in town just two blocks just north of the Tropic Air terminal at the airstrip, it's a little hard to find. Ask any local where it is.
- Address: North of Tropic Air terminal, 2 Trigger Fish St., near airport, between Esmeralda and Tarpon St. San Pedro
- Phone: 206/2121
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Is it better to go to Belize in December or March? Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible ... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more