- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Palapa Bar and Grill
Palapa Bar and Grill Review
The setting and festive atmosphere at this popular thatch-roof bar at the end of a pier are what draw the crowds here, not the food (although the sandwiches, burgers, and seafood aren't bad for bar food.) The breezy two-story palapa at the end of a pier, about 1/2 mi (1 km) north of the bridge, has stunning views of the sea and reef by day; by night, the colorful bar lighting lends a festive air. Bring a bathing suit and jump in the sea beside the pier (there are handy inner tubes). The Palapa doesn't rock all night, though—it usually closes around 9 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
Hello, I follow some of the posts but have never posted anything regarding a getaway. Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more