- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Palapa Bar and Grill
Palapa Bar and Grill Review
The setting and festive atmosphere at this popular thatch-roof bar at the end of a pier are what draw the crowds here, not the food (although the sandwiches, burgers, and seafood aren't bad for bar food.) The breezy two-story palapa at the end of a pier, about 1/2 mi (1 km) north of the bridge, has stunning views of the sea and reef by day; by night, the colorful bar lighting lends a festive air. Bring a bathing suit and jump in the sea beside the pier (there are handy inner tubes). The Palapa doesn't rock all night, though—it usually closes around 9 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
Driving in July2014 to Belize, with our granddaughter, dog and slide on Camper. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more