- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fido's Courtyard Review
Sooner or later you're sure to end up at Fido's (pronounced Fee-dough's), sipping something cold and contemplating the sea views, under what the owners claim is the largest thatch palapa in Belize. If not the largest in Belize, it may at least be the largest on Ambergris Caye. This casual joint serves mediocre burgers, fish-and-chips, tacos, and other bar food, but it's a good place to get a cold beer and enjoy the live music most nights.
- Address: Barrier Reef Dr., Beachfront, just north of Catholic church San Pedro
- Phone: 226/3176
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Hello, There is a ton of great information on the forums. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more