- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Banana Beach Resort
At a Glance
- Recovering under original management
- good value
- friendly staff
- Some furnishings are a little dated
- beach has a seawall
Check Rates from our Partners
Banana Beach Resort Review
Original management has reclaimed Banana Beach, bringing it back to the casual, friendly, well-run, beachfront resort that it was for many years. The original section, built around an interior courtyard, has one-bedroom suites; a newer section has regular rooms at bargain prices, plus "flex suites" that expand from one to four bedrooms, depending on your needs. A fourth night is free on bookings of at least three nights, and an extra two nights are free on five-night stays, so rates are lower than they appear. Breakfast is included. Our favorites are the seafront suites in the newer section. There are two pools. The restaurant, El Divino (named after a beloved staffer who passed away), is a steak house and martini bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
I am a 25 year old female hoping to travel this coming August....I am from Canada and am desperate to go to a country that will be hot with nice beaches, but also interesting culturally!
Any advice much Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more