- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Aji Tapa Bar and Restaurant
Aji Tapa Bar and Restaurant Review
Relax in a shady seaside patio, with views of the beach and barrier reef in the distance, and snack on delicious small plates of barbecue shrimp, bacon-wrapped dates, fried calamares a la andaluza, and a heavenly artichoke dip. For a special treat, try the seafood paella, the best in Belize. Great iced tea, too. If there's a downside, it's inconsistency, with the food suffering on nights Chef Hugo is off. If you decide you want to stay longer, follow the winding path through tropical gardens and cross a small bridge over a lagoon and you'll find four cute one-bedroom rental cottages. Come by golf cart, cab (BZ$35 from San Pedro), or water taxi—get off at Grand Caribe.
- Address: Beachfront, Buena Vista Point, North Ambergris Caye, 2½ mi (4 km) north of town, Ambergris Caye
- Phone: 226/4047
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Radisson Fort George and Marina in May: $176 & Up Expedia
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt Travelocity
- Belize City on Sale! 5 Nts + Air as Low as $951 Travelocity
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt — $145 Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Last Minute Vacation Sale! 8 Nts Belize City + Air Fr $1,046 — $1,046 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Has anyone heard that GAR was seriously damaged by high winds last week? Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more