- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Beautiful private island with congenial hosts
- plenty of marine activities
- attractive cabañas directly on the water
- Limited snorkeling off beach
- not on reef
- no air-conditioning
- no pool
Thatch Caye Review
Thatch Caye is all about you and your private island vacation, so you can head out for a day of fishing, diving, sea kayaking, or snorkeling and return to supremely comfortable accommodations. Enjoy a delicious meal in the thatched dining room, sip an ice-cold drink, and surf the web on the free Wi-Fi in the bar before heading to your seaside cabaña where you'll be lulled asleep by the trade winds (no air-conditioning available). Some of the cabañas are built partly over water, while the slightly more expensive casitas have third-level widow's walks where you can gaze for hours at the sea. Although the resort is billed as an "eco all-inclusive," Thatch Caye's packages don't include alcoholic drinks, fishing, diving, or some tours. You can walk from one end of the island to the other in less than half an hour, and there are three small natural beaches. However, shore snorkeling isn't very good.
- Address: Part of the Coco Plum Caye group, 9 mi (15 km) or about 25 minutes by boat from Dangriga Thatch Caye
- Phone: 800/435–3145 in U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.thatchcayebelize.com
- Location: Tobacco Caye
- 11 cabañas, 1 family villa.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Hello, There is a ton of great information on the forums. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible ... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more