- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Lazy Croc BBQ
Lazy Croc BBQ Review
You'll smell the smoky aroma of barbecue well before you enter this popular spot about 1½ mi (2½ km) north of the bridge. As befits a barbecue joint, the menu is short and sweet—pulled pork, barbecue chicken, ribs, Buffalo wings, chili, and a few other items, with sides of coleslaw, french fries, barbecue beans, fried okra, fried pickles, and macaroni and cheese. Barbecue platters with garlic toast and two sides are around BZ$16 to $30. Lazy Croc has very limited hours: it is only open Thursday–Sunday 11 am–3 pm. Forget plastic—this is cash only. And, yes, there are real crocs in the lagoon near (and even under) the restaurant, but don't give them leftovers—feeding wild crocodiles is illegal. Go by golf cart, cab (BZ$35 one-way from town), or water taxi (get off at Grand Caribe).
- Address: Beachfront, Buena Vista Point, 15 Buena Vista, just north of Grand Caribe resort North Ambergris Caye, Ambergris Caye
- Phone: 226/4015
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon.–Wed. No dinner. Closes in mid-July for off-season break.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Thank you to everybody who responded to my previous post about Belize. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more