- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Lazy Croc BBQ
Lazy Croc BBQ Review
You'll smell the smoky aroma of barbecue well before you enter this popular spot about 1½ mi (2½ km) north of the bridge. As befits a barbecue joint, the menu is short and sweet—pulled pork, barbecue chicken, ribs, Buffalo wings, chili, and a few other items, with sides of coleslaw, french fries, barbecue beans, fried okra, fried pickles, and macaroni and cheese. Barbecue platters with garlic toast and two sides are around BZ$16 to $30. Lazy Croc has very limited hours: it is only open Thursday–Sunday 11 am–3 pm. Forget plastic—this is cash only. And, yes, there are real crocs in the lagoon near (and even under) the restaurant, but don't give them leftovers—feeding wild crocodiles is illegal. Go by golf cart, cab (BZ$35 one-way from town), or water taxi (get off at Grand Caribe).
- Address: Beachfront, Buena Vista Point, 15 Buena Vista, just north of Grand Caribe resort North Ambergris Caye, Ambergris Caye
- Phone: 226/4015
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon.–Wed. No dinner. Closes in mid-July for off-season break.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more