- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Cocotal Inn & Cabanas
At a Glance
- friendly, small resort on the beach
- affordable rates
- no restaurant on-site
Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Review
If you're looking for a small, homey spot on the beach, Cocotal could be it. There are only five units—three cottages and two suites in the main house. Our favorite is the casita, with vaulted hardwood ceiling (capped with a cute cupola) and a four-poster queen bed. It's closest to the beach and also overlooks the pool. All units have fully equipped kitchens, so you can cook your own meals, or hop on one of the complimentary bikes and ride to a nearby restaurant or into town. The friendly, helpful owners are on-site. There's a small artificial reef at the pier for snorkeling.
- Address: North Ambergris, 2½ miles (4 km) north of the center of town, San Pedro
- Phone: 226/2097
- Website: www.cocotalbelize.com
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- 1 casita, 2 cabañas, 1 1-bedroom suite, 1 2-bedroom suite.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Hello, There is a ton of great information on the forums. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible ... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more