- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Red Ginger Review
With its stylishly minimalist decor and ice-cold air-conditioning, this restaurant could be in L.A., but it's actually at The Phoenix resort at the north end of San Pedro. No sea views here—you gaze at deep red and mocha cream walls, with brown earth-toned accents, and tropical wild ginger plants in glass vases. After a ginger or basil mojito, start with ceviche, your choice of grouper, or mixed shrimp and lobster. Try the grilled snook with guava tamarind glaze and salsa, or the blackened snapper. A five-course tasting menu is BZ$100 per person. The service is a couple of notches above most other places in San Pedro.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Thank you to everybody who responded to my previous post about Belize. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible ... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more