- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Inexpensive, clean rooms
- Not on the water
Check Rates from our Partners
Maxhapan Cabañas Review
This little spot is in the center of the village and not on the water, but it makes up for it by being neat and clean and a fine value, and set in a small, shady, sandy garden. The rooms, including two in a two-story cabaña and one in a one-level building, have tile floors, air-conditioning, TVs, fridges, and a veranda with hammocks. Complimentary bikes and snorkel gear are available. The owner, Louise, is a charmer. This spot is almost always fully booked.
- Address: 55 Av. Pueblo Nuevo, in center of village south of the main public pier Caye Caulker
- Phone: 226/0118
- Location: Caye Caulker
- 3 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more