Matachica Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- Charming collection of casitas on the beach
- friendly staff and good management
- postcard-pretty beach
- No kids under 12 allowed
- San Pedro is only accessible by Water Taxi
Check Rates from our Partners
Matachica Resort & Spa Review
Thatch casitas in shades of mango, banana, and blueberry offset by brilliant white sand give this deluxe beachfront resort a Gauguin-like quality. Inside, the fabric, artwork, and tiles echo the outdoor colors. Five new beachfront casitas with king beds, Matouk and Frette linens, and private patios command the best views of the sea and the barrier reef. The on-site Jade Spa offers banana and papaya facials, coffee scrubs, and chocolate body wraps along with more traditional spa services. There's a large swimming pool. Delectable though pricey seafood and other dishes are served at Mambo, with both indoor and outdoor seating. The same owners now operate Gaia Riverlodge in the Mountain Pine Ridge, so mainland-beach packages are offered. Honeymoon, fishing, diving, and other packages are also offered.
- Address: 5 mi (8 km) north of San Pedro, Beachfront, Ambergris Caye | Map It
- Phone: 226/5010; 223/0002
- Website: www.matachica.com
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- 25 casitas, 1 2-bedroom villa
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to everyone who encouraged us to go to Belize and to give Lamanai a try. We're back from our trip and had a fantastic time. We lo... Read more
Hi, all - My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Real life is coming at us too fast to duck so... Read more