- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Matachica Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- Charming collection of casitas on the beach
- friendly staff and good management
- postcard-pretty beach
- Restaurant and bar prices are steep
- air-conditioning in some units doesn't quite do the job
Check Rates from our Partners
Matachica Resort & Spa Review
Thatch casitas in shades of mango, banana, and blueberry offset by brilliant white sand give this deluxe beachfront resort a Gauguin-like quality. Inside, the fabric, artwork, and tiles echo the outdoor colors. Five new beachfront casitas with king beds, Matouk and Frette linens, and private patios command the best views of the sea and the barrier reef. The on-site Jade Spa offers banana and papaya facials, coffee scrubs, and chocolate body wraps along with more traditional spa services. There's a large swimming pool. Delectable though pricey seafood and other dishes are served at Mambo, with both indoor and outdoor seating. The same owners now operate Gaia Riverlodge in the Mountain Pine Ridge, so mainland-beach packages are offered. Honeymoon, fishing, diving, and other packages are also offered.
- Address: 5 mi (8 km) north of San Pedro, Beachfront, Ambergris Caye | Map It
- Phone: 226/5010; 223/0002 reversations line
- Website: www.matachica.com
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- 21 casitas, 2 2-bedroom villas, 1 3-bedroom house.
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more