- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Lazy Lizard Review
"Sunny place for shady people" is the slogan of the Lazy Lizard. During the day you can swim at the Split and then cool off with some Belikins (BZ$20 for a bucket of six) on the barstools at the Lizard, which sits right at the edge of the water at the northernmost tip of the village. Sunsets are amazing here. After dark there's a spotlight pointed into the water, so you can see fish, small sharks, and occasionally even a crocodile swimming around. Lazy Lizard is usually open late. Don't expect clean bathrooms, seating or delicious bar snacks, but because of the location this is by far the most popular hangout on the island.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
Driving in July2014 to Belize, with our granddaughter, dog and slide on Camper. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more