- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Wild Mango's Review
Noted local chef Amy Knox made Wild Mango's one of the most interesting dining choices on the island. Many of the dishes have a Mexican base but with Knox's sophisticated twist. She calls her cooking "New Wave Latin"—Caribbean food infused with spicy Latin flavors from Cuba, Argentina, and Mexico. It's good enough to have earned her Belize Chef of the Year honors twice in the past. Start with the Tres Amigos, three kinds of ceviche with shrimp and fish (Knox does not use conch or lobster, because she believes it is not sustainable.) Try the Budin Azteca, a Mexican version of lasagna, or the huge fish burritos (enough for two). Seating is beach casual, with stools at tables on a covered, open-air veranda. We especially like Wild Mango's for a casual lunch.
- Address: Beachfront, 42 Barrier Reef Dr., south end of town just south of Ruby's Hotel San Pedro
- Phone: 226/2859
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
Driving in July2014 to Belize, with our granddaughter, dog and slide on Camper. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more