- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Wild Mango's Review
Noted local chef Amy Knox made Wild Mango's one of the most interesting dining choices on the island. Many of the dishes have a Mexican base but with Knox's sophisticated twist. She calls her cooking "New Wave Latin"—Caribbean food infused with spicy Latin flavors from Cuba, Argentina, and Mexico. It's good enough to have earned her Belize Chef of the Year honors twice. Start with the Tres Amigos, three kinds of ceviche with shrimp and fish (Knox does not use conch or lobster, because she believes it is not sustainable.) Try the Budin Azteca, a Mexican version of lasagna, or the huge fish burritos (enough for two). Seating is beach casual, with stools at tables on a covered, open-air veranda.
- Address: Beachfront, 42 Barrier Reef Dr., near south end of town, San Pedro
- Phone: 226/2859
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Top Vacation Sale! 6 Nts + Air as Low as $960 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Travelocity
- Save on Your Vacation: 6 Nts The Great House + Air Fr $1,111 — $1,111 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Has anyone heard that GAR was seriously damaged by high winds last week? Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more