- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
St. George's Caye Resort
At a Glance
- Comfortable, historical setting
- secluded island resort atmosphere
- attractive grounds
- good diving available, though not included in rates
- Not easy to visit mainland or other islands for meals or entertainment
- no TV, Wi-Fi only in lodge building
Check Rates from our Partners
St. George's Caye Resort Review
In colonial days St. George's Caye was a British favorite because of its proximity to Belize City, about 20 minutes by boat; more recently wealthy Belize City families weekended on the island, and today visitors favor the resort for its casual style and and private island atmosphere. Some of the thatch cottages are partly over the water (but on the lee side of the island, which doesn't get the cooling breezes, so the beachfront cottages on the sea side are preferred). Electricity comes from the lodge's own windmills. There's air-conditioning, but you may be more comfortable with open windows to catch the sea breezes, at least in the beachfront cottages. The resort has a swimming pool and offers limited spa services. Dining is family-style, though if you prefer you can have s private dinner on the dock. Expect limited choices of entrées at dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
I am a 25 year old female hoping to travel this coming August....I am from Canada and am desperate to go to a country that will be hot with nice beaches, but also interesting culturally!
Any advice much Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more