- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Lighthouse Reef Atoll, the Blue Hole, and Half Moon Caye
If Robinson Crusoe had been a man of means, he would have repaired here for a break from his desert island.
Lighthouse Reef is about 18 miles (29 km) long and less than 1 mile (2 km) wide and is surrounded by a seemingly endless stretch of coral. Here you'll find two of the country's best dives.
At this writing, visiting Lighthouse Reef is best done as a side trip from Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, or another location in northern Belize. The marine reserve fee here is a steep BZ$80 per person.
Lighthouse Reef Atoll, the Blue Hole, and Half Moon Caye at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Cayes and Atolls
- Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- Caye Caulker
- Glover's Reef Atoll
- Southern Cayes Off Placencia and Southern Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's