The Cayes and Atolls Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Cayes and Atolls Hotel Reviews
The more budget-oriented cayes, such as Tobacco and Caulker, have mostly small hotels and simple cabins, usually built of wood and typically without any amenities beyond a fan or two. At the other end, notably on Ambergris Caye, are deluxe "condotels" (condo developments where individual owners rent their units on a daily basis through a management company) and an increasing number of vacation villas, usually rented by the week. Nearly all accommodations on Ambergris Caye have air-conditioning, and most also have swimming pools. Regardless of which caye you're staying on, lodgings have several things in common: they're small (usually less than 20 rooms), low-rise, and almost always on the water.
Off-season (typically just after Easter to around Thanksgiving), most island hotels, except some budget hotels, reduce rates by around 30% to 40%.
Browse The Cayes and Atolls Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe