Sailing in Caye Caulker
A few small sailboats offer sailing and snorkeling trips to nearby areas. One company, Raggamuffin Tours, also offers multiday combination sailing, snorkeling, and camping trips to Placencia.
Charters, Lessons, and Equipment
Blackhawk Sailing. Formerly Seahawk Sailing, Blackhawk Sailing offers snorkeling, overnight camping, and charter trips on a 30-foot sailboat captained by "Big Steve." Front St., next to De Real Macaw, Caye Caulker. 607/0323. www.blackhawksailingtours.com.
Raggamuffin Tours. Raggamuffin Tours has day sails and sunset and moonlight sails. A full-day snorkeling tour is BZ$140 including marine reserve fees, full lunch, and snorkel gear. Two-night/three-day camping and sailing trips to Placencia, with nights at Tobacco Caye and Ranguana Caye, are BZ$700 per person one-way. These normally depart Caye Caulker twice a week, on Tuesday and Friday, weather permitting. Rates at Christmas/New Years are higher. Front St., north of main public pier, near Split, Caye Caulker. 226/0348. www.raggamuffintours.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's