- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Several operators do boat trips to see West Indian manatees. It's illegal in Belize to get into the water with the gentle sea cows, but some tour operators do permit it. Tours typically cost around BZ$70-BZ$100 per person. Some stop at Goff's Caye, which has excellent snorkeling.
Charters, Lessons, and Equipment
Carlos Tours. Carlos Tours, one of the most recommended tour operators on Caye Caulker, runs snorkeling trips with stops at some of the best snorkel spots near Caye Caulker, and also at Hol Chan Marine Reserve and other places, along with manatee-spotting tours. Prices vary according to the destination but range from around BZ$80 to BZ$175 per person. Front St., at Calle del Sol, Caye Caulker. 226/0058. email@example.com.
Red Mangrove Eco Adventures. Red Mangrove Eco Adventures offers "ecologically sensitive" manatee-watching tours—no swimming with the manatees. It also offers other sea and inland tours. Front St., Caye Caulker. 226/0669 or 607/1440. www.mangrovebelize.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe