- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Windsurfing and Kitesurfing
Caye Caulker is better known as a windsurfing destination, perhaps because it attracts a younger crowd than Ambergris Caye, but the winds are equally good and consistent off Ambergris Caye. February through July sees the windiest conditions, with winds 12 to 20 knots most days. Kitesurfing, combining a windsurfing-type board pulled by a large kite, is also available on Ambergris Caye.
Sailsports Belize. Sailsports Belize at Caribbean Villas offers private windsurfing instruction at around BZ$100 an hour, with equipment rental from BZ$98 a day. Kitesurfing equipment (kite and board) rentals are around BZ$164 for a full day. All rates plus 12.5% tax. Sailsports Belize also rents small catamarans and other sailboats. Beachfront, Caribbean Villas, Seagrape Dr., San Pedro. 226/4488. www.sailsportsbelize.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's