The Cayes and Atolls Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Plan Your The Cayes and Atolls Vacation
Imagine heading back to shore after a day of snorkeling, the white prow of your boat pointing up toward the billowing clouds, the sky's base darkening to deep lilac, spray from the green water pouring over you like warm rain. To the left, San Pedro's pastel buildings huddle among the palm trees like a detail from a Paul Klee canvas. To the right, the surf breaks in a white seam along the reef.
The more budget-oriented cayes, such as Tobacco and Caulker, have mostly small hotels and simple cabins, often built of wood and typically without any amenities...read more
Ambergris Caye has the biggest selection of restaurants of any destination in Belize, and among them are some of the country's best. They range from simple...read more
Things To Do in The Cayes and Atolls
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now86° F Mostly Cloudy 66% Humidity April 20, 2014 at 11:00AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more