- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Corozal Town has flights only to and from San Pedro (Ambergris Caye), and some of these flights stop at Sarteneja. Tropic Air and Maya Island Air each fly four to six times daily between Ambergris Caye and the airstrip at Corozal, about 2 mi (3 km) south of town off the Northern Highway. The journey takes 20 minutes and costs BZ$95 one way. There's no direct service to Belize City or other destinations in Belize. Charter service is available to Chan Chich Lodge and the Indian Church/Lamanai area. From San Pedro to Corozal, two Tropic Air flights daily stop at Sarteneja. The one-way fare is BZ$95. There is no scheduled air service to Orange Walk Town.
Tropic Air (Corozal Air Strip, Ranchito. 226/2012 San Pedro main office; 800/422–3435 in U.S.; 444/0210 Corozal Airstrip, Ranchito Village. www.tropicair.com.)
Maya Island Air (Corozal Air Strip, Ranchito. 422/0711 Corozal Airstrip, Ranchito; 223/1140 Belize City. www.mayaislandair.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe