- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Lamanai Riverside Retreat
At a Glance
- Relaxing riverside setting
- friendly owners
- open-air riverside dining
- It's a short hike into town
- pesky mosquitoes at times
Lamanai Riverside Retreat Review
It's many miles from the Lamanai ruins, but this hotel with just three cabins and a restaurant is pleasantly set right beside the New River, the water route to the famous Mayan ruins. The three cabañas are simple wooden affairs with air-conditioning. Tent camping is also available. The outdoor restaurant boasts a menu of 50 different items, including well-prepared local dishes such as stew chicken with rice and beans. While you sip a beer, you may even see a crocodile in the river, and unfortunately, if there's no breeze, you may also see mosquitoes.
- Address: Lamanai Alley, Orange Walk Town
- Phone: 302/3955
- Location: Orange Walk Town
- 3 cabañas.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Hello, There is a ton of great information on the forums. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible ... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more