- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Bird's Eye View Lodge
At a Glance
- On shores of Crooked Tree Lagoon
- delicious meals made with local ingredients
- breezy second-floor patio with great lagoon views
- Undistinguished, blocky buildings
- no-frills guestrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Bird's Eye View Lodge Review
Many of the 20 spic-and-span rooms, all with air-conditioning and all recently refurbished, at this modern concrete hotel have views of the lagoon. There's a two-story main building and an annex next door, covered with bougainvillea and other flowers, and you'll find that the friendly service is consistent with Belize's down-home reputation. The best rooms are the deluxe doubles on the second floor of the original building. Camping is available (BZ$20). The hotel's appealing dining room serves filling Creole and American fare. The lodge also offers many kinds of tours, including a "birding-by-boat" early-morning cruise on the lagoon (BZ$50 per person, if there are at least five going), horseback riding (BZ$30 an hour), and a croc-spotting night safari (BZ$200 for up to three). Transportation from the international airport is BZ$150 for up to three persons.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
I am a 25 year old female hoping to travel this coming August....I am from Canada and am desperate to go to a country that will be hot with nice beaches, but also interesting culturally!
Any advice much Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more