- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The progressive Blue Creek Mennonite community is about midway between Orange Walk Town and Chan Chich Lodge—it's 33 miles (54 km) from Orange Walk Town via Yo Creek, August Pine Ridge, and San Felipe, and 36 miles (59 km) from Chan Chich. About 6 miles (10 km) beyond Blue Creek, you'll enter the Río Bravo reserve managed by Programme for Belize. Shipyard is accessed via an unpaved road that turns west off the Northern Highway just south of Orange Walk Town. Little Belize is visited by driving northeast from Orange Walk Town via San Estevan. Keep in mind that Shipyard and Little Belize are conservative Mennonite communities; they shun the use of cars and motorized farm equipment.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's