- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The easiest and fastest way to get here is by charter airplane (about BZ$500, depending on the number of people, to Gallon Jug Estates' own 3,000-foot airstrip). Javier Flying Service in Belize City has three- and five-passenger Cessna airplanes, and flights are also available through Maya Island Air and Tropic Air. Chan Chich will arrange the flights for you. With advance permission, you can also drive to Chan Chich, about 3½ hours from Belize City. Follow the route to Río Bravo and continue on through Programme for Belize lands to the Cedar Crossing gatehouse and into Gallon Jug lands. It's a long but beautiful drive, and you're almost certain to see a considerable amount of wildlife along the dirt road.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe